Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I haven't posted anything since November 4th. Life has just gotten in the way. I have a million ideas in my head that I want to write about. Some are home related, work related, world related... just the ramblings of my brain, and boy,  does my brain ramble! Scary, actually...

But today, I just want to give thanks. Thanks that I have a perfect little family. Not because I am perfect, or Ryan is, or Steve is, but because together, when we're all home safe and sound, our little family is perfect.

I marvel at how we are healthy, happy, alive, and together, and how God put all three of us in this same little space together. How lucky - how blessed I am. Sometimes it hits me and I just want to weep with gratitude.

As I watched Ryan take over two hours to open her gifts (she opened each and every one with rapt attention, played with it, then moved on, truly enjoying the process :)), I tried to imagine what it would be like to be in the shoes of someone in Newtown or Webster or anyone else in the world full of pain and suffering. I can't do it. I can't imagine the depths of grief they must be sinking in. My heart breaks for them and I pray they will find the peace they need.

I don't know why I am so lucky, but I will take it, and I promise I will cherish it.

In 2013, I will focus more on the good. I will celebrate more the happy. I will remember more all that we have to be thankful for. It won't always be easy and sometimes I will fail, but life is too short to do anything else. Hold your heads up high, breathe deeply, ask for peace in your soul and smile. God loves you and I do, too! Merry Christmas my fb friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment